Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It was a freaky Friday like no other, critters were crawling and there was an eerie feeling in the air as I walked towards the haunted house. I didn’t want to go in but my friends kept telling me to face my fears. In a nutshell I was more scared than a kid awaiting his knuckle sandwich from the school bully. As we walked further in the house I could hear my better judgment telling me “look before you leap, you’re too young for this”. I was scared to death just waiting for the first sign of horror and it was delivered to me in the form of a deformed zombie screaming “you can run, but you can’t hide”. I didn’t think I could go any further but I decided to take the plunge seeing how we were only at the tip of the iceberg. After a few more screaming zombies the small narrow hall became a wide open room, it was the spitting image of my worst nightmare. At this point in time I was ready to throw in the towel. Without any warning all the lights went off and ghosts were flying throughout the great room. I was literally scared stiff, not a fiber in my body was able to move. I heard the patter of little feet and said “enough is enough”. I ran like the wind and was out of that house faster than a speeding locomotive. As I looked back at deaths doorstep I wondered what made me enter that house of horror.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,
    Good job on the cliches - lots of detail, well polished. Missing the superpower article.

    ReplyDelete